Prizes! Anime Challenge
All the fabulous junk you could theoretically win in the FIWAJC!
What fabulous things, exactly, can you choose from upon winning the Challenge? As pictured here, the bucket currently runneth over with the following*:
- Battle Athletes Victory, Volume 1!
- Battle Athletes Victory, Volume 2!
- Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo, Volume 1!
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Blockbuster Edition!
- Initial D, Volume 1!
- Lupin III: Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure!
- Lupin III: Dragon of Doom!
- Lupin III: Voyage to Danger!
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 2!
- Origin, 2-disc Special Edition!
- Simoun, Volume 1!
- Strawberry Panic, Volume 1!
- Tactics, Volume 1!
- Vampire Princess Miyu TV: Volume 3!
- Kiki's Delivery Service... Subtitled!
- Tokyo Babylon 2-tape Complete Set!
- Ranma 1/2 TV Series, Volume 1!
- All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Volume 2!
- Crest of the Stars, Volume 1... Import, no subtitles!
- The Dagger of Kamui!
- You're Under Arrest OAV Complete Set--2 discs!
- Bubblegum Crisis Volume 4! (episodes 7-8)
- Gunsmith Cats, Episode 1!
- Golden Boy, Episode 1!
- Ranma 1/2 OAV: Like Water for Ranma!
- Vampire Princess Miyu TV Series Poster! (folded)
- Cardcaptor Sakura Poster! (also folded)
- Slightly Worn Megumi Hayashibara Poster!
- Tomo Sakurai Poster!
- Jumbo Read or Die TV Series Window Decal!
- Pair of Get Backers Door Plaques!
- One Piece Round, Fluid-filled Mousepad!
- One Piece Folder and Sanji Birthday "Photo"!
- A Thick Stack of Import Prince of Tennis Trading Cards!
- Konjiki no Gashbell Pin and Mini-notebook!
- Cyber City Oedo 808 on CD (yes, CD, not DVD)!
- Incredibly Old Ranma 1/2 Screen Saver and Video Jukebox CD-ROM!
- Incredibly Old Bubblegum Crisis Screen Saver and Video Jukebox CD-ROM!
*Subject to availability and Act of God. Exclamation points not included.
Previous Challenges and Winners
March 1st, 2007 Trivia Question: The title of the popular teacher-gone-wild manga series and anime adaptation GTO is an acronym for what oddball English phrase? Answer: Great Teacher Onizuka. Winner: Derrick from Arizona, Lupin III: The Secret of Twilight Gemini DVD.
February 15th, 2007 Trivia Question: Before creating the rather low-brow parodies Agent Aika and Labyrinth of Flame, Katsuhiko Nishijima was known for what mainstream film send-up? Answer: Project A-ko. Winner: Li-Mei, of a complete set of Oh My Goddess OAV VHS tapes.
February 1st, 2007 Trivia Question: Tokyo Babylon is based on a manga created by a group of women who collectively go by what pseudonym? Answer: CLAMP. Winner: Alice, winer of the first volume of Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD.
January 15th, 2007 Trivia Question: What is the first name of the famous fictional filcher Lupin III owes his name to? Answer: Arsène. Winner: Brian, proud owner (fittingly) of a Castle of Cagliostro DVD.